Thursday, March 26, 2009

It's been a long night

spent at the ER tonite. Let me say first that
everyone is fine and I thank God for his many
blessings.

Christina and Zoe were involved in a traffic
accident late this afternoon - stopped at an
intersection red light - when they were slammed
by a Dodge Ram truck from behind, which
caused her to run into the car in front of her.
The back glass in her jeep was shattered and
I truly believe the spare tire mounted in the
back softened the blow to the rear end and
kept it from bending in to the back seat. That

and their seat belts. Zoe was tucked in tight
and remained that way.

Zoe was spending the afternoon w/Granny
and Papaw and after meeting Chris after work
we buckled Zoe in and kissed them Goodbye.
We headed to Big Lots when I no sooner walked
in the door and got the call every parent
dreads to hear. I could barely understand her
as she told me she had been hit and I was trying
to find out where she was - which happened to
be right up the road by the Theater. I was sick
to my stomach when I jumped out of the
car and got to the scene. A State Trooper just
happened to be on the road passing by when
he came up on the accident and it didn't take
long for the first responders to arrive.

Chris is going to be sore for a couple days but
they are both fine. I have to mention how
distraught the driver of the truck (WKU student)
was. Chris said right after the impact he ran over
to her and freaked out when he saw Zoe in her
car seat asking if she was OK, etc. He put his head
down and started heaving, he was so choked up.
He was really distraught when he saw the firemen
putting the neck brace on Chris, loading her on
the back board and onto an ambulance. I'm not
sure from where my composure came - but I
remained calm throughout the entire ordeal -
until I got home.......It was at that point it hit me
how fragile our lives are and how the routine of
everyday life can change in a split second...........

8 comments:

Lisa said...

I am SO thankful everyone is ok. How scary for all involved.

scrap happy girl said...

I'll echo what Lisa said I'm thankful as well.

terri d said...

I am glad I just happened to call u last night! Glad everyone is okay and there angels were watching over them. I hope Chris isn't too sore but thankfull that is all it is!!!

God Bless You and glad you kept your cool!!!

Hugs Terri

Emma's Mommy said...

I am soooooooo glad that they are okay. You are right.........it can change in a second.

Anonymous said...

Wow, glad everybody is ok. You just never know when you walk out your door what will happen. Thank God, He kept them safe.
Deb W

Melinda's World said...

I am so glad to hear that every one is okay. I sure that WKU student learned a huge lesson that day.

Debbie H said...

So glad everyone is OK, what a scare. I bet the student who hit her learned a valuable lesson. We are not invincible!

Deb H

Ivana Clay said...

Oh my goodness! How scary for you all! I am sooo thankful that everyone is doing okay. It is amazing to think how our lives can be affected in the blink of an eye. Good for you keeping your cool through it all. I would have been a MESS! :)