Saturday, January 3, 2009

Hard to believe I saw

$1.35 a gallon for gas on New Years Day in Manchester, TN -
just 100 miles south of Bowling Greeen. What a shock to
come home to $1.75 a gallon. Geez... Even in Franklin it was
just $1.53. I know this subject has been talked to death but I
wanted to vent. Gas prices south of us ranged anywhere from
$1.35 to $1.49 the week I was down visiting family in Georgia.

My 3 week break is just about over - I didn't complete several
projects I wanted to but that's OK. I'm ready to get back to work
on Monday. Crazy, I know. But I need the structure.

Have a great weekend everyone.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Aren't I getting all "techno" all of the sudden? I now have 2 stores, am on Twitter and Facebook, and have a blog!!

I don't blame you about venting about gas prices. They are crazy here and make no sense. I usually vent a lot harsher than you did in your post!!

I am not ready to go back to work. Maybe because I have been sick most of the last week. Oh, well. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and very Happy New Year!
Talk to you soon!! By the way, Mom was completely ok with what we had talked about.

Take care!

Lisa

Debbie H said...

I paid $1.35/ gallon for gas at exit 28 on 71, that is 30 miles north of Louisville, that was on 12/28. As soon as we hit the Louisville Metro, the prices were high all the way to BG. That is the strip that is always effected, there is only one or 2 suppliers to this stretch and it has become a monopoly. Why the state doesn't step in and stop this nonsense is beyond me.

I understand ready to be back at work, I am totally a routine person. Love time off, but love routines.

Lisa, girl, you have gone way high tech on us! I'll have to check out your blog. No facebook for me, over my head, LOL!

Deb H

Betty said...

Way to go Lisa! I'm going to add your blog link. I'm also on Facebook as well. Remind me to tell you all a story about a long lost relative on my husband's side who found the Keown family via my page and another family member. It's a good story.